Enerzone reinforces its commitment to the environment.
During the month of April 2012, with the purchase of any Enerzone appliance, the company commits to plant a tree. To commemorate Earth month, Enerzone offers its customers an innovative promotion to act responsibly now on climate change: compensate by planting trees to reduce the effects of past or unavoidable emissions.
According to the Carbone Boréal program " The forest sector can play a significant role in mitigating global warming. Today, forests capture (sequester) the equivalent of 25% of human caused emissions. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change estimated that up to 15% more could be sequestered by forests with moderate efforts."
Why the Carbon Boréal project?
After evaluating various alternatives available on the market, Enerzone has selected Carbon Boréal as a partner in its promotion for the Earth month. Five major reasons support this choice:
- The ''Carbone boréal'' plantation network is fully protected from commercial harvesting.
- In order to maximize carbon stock permanence, the experimental blocks will be spatially distributed to decrease the risk of losses by natural disturbances (wildfires, insects, etc.), and a supplemental plantation network will be used as backup.
- Each experimental block that includes the trees associated with individual contributors will be geo-referenced and registered in the ''Carbone boréal'' documentation, available online at http://carboneboreal.uqac.ca.
- The plantations will be verified in compliance with ISO 14064-3 standard by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, an independent and recognized third party.
- The entire project will be registered in the GHG CleanProjectsTM Registry of the Canadian Standards Association.
How to benefit from this promotion?
- Between April 1st and 30th, 2012, purchase an Enerzone heating appliance from your trusted dealer (to find the nearest Enerzone dealer click HERE.)
- In Store, your Dealer will fill out a form with your contact information and will send it to us along with a copy of your invoice.
- Once we have combined all claims, Enerzone will contribute to the program by purchasing a Carbone Boréal tree for each heating appliance sold during the promotion.
- To testify for the fulfillment of our commitment, a certificate of Enerzone's contribution to the Carbone Boréal Program will be sent in electronic format by June 1st, 2012. (This certificate will also be available on our website)
The ''Carbone boréal'' project
''Carbone boréal'' is both a greenhouse gas offset program, through tree planting, and a research project led by researchers at the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (Qc, Canada). Any organization or individual can participate in this innovative project. Each and every contributor helps to finance tree planting to offset the greenhouse gases emitted by their organization, family, activities, etc.
The boreal forest in Québec includes natural open woodlands that do not self-regenerate. The project aims at establishing research forests within these open woodlands, in collaboration with Québec's Ministry of Natural Resources, while respecting forest ecosystems and boreal biodiversity.
For more information on Carbone Boréal visit: http://carboneboreal.uqac.ca